Sign the petition / join the student union
Students! By signing on to the Campus Safety & Fairness Petition, you will automatically become a member of the Portland State University Student Union - your union! But what does this require of you? Absolutely nothing! You are however strongly encouraged to attend the second Fall Term PSUSU event Week 7 - details TBA on the "Events" page.
The Campus Safety & Fairness Petition
We, the undersigned, members of the Portland State University (PSU) community, demand a safe, affordable and democratic campus. Thus, we call on the Office of the President, Wim Wiewel, and the administration to:
1. Take immediate steps to work for an indefinite tuition-freeze on resident, non-resident and international tuition.
2. Institute an immediate, indefinite freeze on salaries for all administrators making over $110,000/y.
3. Sign a mutually acceptable contract with PSU-AAUP.
4. Sign a mutually acceptable contract with PSUFA-AFT.
5. Improve campus lighting by 50% by the beginning of the Spring 2014 term.
6. Double the number of emergency call boxes on campus by the beginning of the Spring 2014 term.
7. Create a working group to research, design, and implement a work-study safe-walk program by the beginning of the Spring 2014 term.
8. Sign a public oath stating that the Office of the President will not deputize the Campus Public Safety Office (CPSO) without a student majority vote.
a. In the event of such a vote, ASPSU would be equipped with the proper funding and the appropriate resources (to the satisfaction of ASPSU) to carry out such a vote.
Office of the President shall respond to the demands of the Campus Safety & Fairness Petition by Friday of Week Six, November 8th. A failure to do so will be treated as a rejection.